The Slishman STS-C Compact Traction Splint is used for fractures of the femur to reduce pain and better align the fracture and decrease the amount of bleeding that occurs into the soft tissues of the leg, or be used as a simple splint for any extremity user.
The distal hitch on the STS-C is applied just proximal to the calf or patella. Coarse positioning is accomplished using a spring button to extend and lock the outer tube. Fine traction is accomplished by pulling on the cord, followed by locking with a downward pull into the V-notch. As all of the traction is controlled at the hip, it is easy to make adjustments as conditions change, or en route to the hospital.
Key product features:
- Compact design gives more treatment flexibility in restricted rescue & transportation spaces
- Easy to apply - one person application within 60 seconds
- Application possible even in cases of lower leg/foot amputation
- Single ready to use device - no loose parts which could get lost
- Suitable for use on adults or children - self-adjustable traction pole
- Compact - easy to store in a response bag or vehicle
- Supplied with carry case which incorporates three Molle snaps
- Lightweight - just 369g